Wednesday 20 January 2016

A CHANCE TO FORGIVE

Me and you, we are one;
I hope our journey has not begun.
Me and you, we are one;
But I fear that we are done.

I once confided in you as a companion;
I once came to you as a friend;
I now approach you as a stranger;
Because I fear this is the end.

I used to hold you like a lover;
I used to look to you to reassure;
Now I don't know where to turn to;
Because life isn't like before.

But a fractured mind possessed of,
Nothing but evil sin;
I want to say I'm sorry;
But I don't know where to begin.

I am sure you already know;
I am not a sinner nor a saint;
But it doesn't come as a surprise;
I've become quite fragile and quite daint.

I say things I do not mean;
I do not know why;
But I say them with a heavy heart;
And I say them with a sigh.

I do not want to be ill;
I do not want to be sick;
But I feel stuck in a cage;
Made up of unbreakable brick.

Will you be my hero once more;
Will you save me from the pain;
Will you do as you did before;
So maybe I can start again.

I know it is a lot to ask,
For forgiveness;
For a second chance;
But I promise I wouldn't say it if these words were not true;
For without you I am not me, and without you will not do.



No comments:

Post a Comment